The last Hello Kitty picture, I promise! Mealtime in Kitty-land!
As you all know by now, no trip is complete without a meal, right? After a visit to dear Hello Kitty, we picked up my brother from his school and Hollywood and headed a few blocks down to Grub. This place was voted as the #1 lunch and brunch spot in LA by CitySearch. They just recently started dinner service. Let me tell you, we were not disappointed.



Marc & Chad going through the complimentary pretzels, carrots, grape tomatoes and celery with ranch. No bread and butter here friends! What a great healthy alternative!
This is probably one of the cutest patios I've seen.
This truffle mac 'n cheese was bursting with flavor. I would so go back for this alone!
Unfortunately, Grub was scheduled to close its doors before we could order dessert. Overall, they had great food and ambience and mediocre service. A meal isn't complete without dessert right? So off we went in search of one of LA's favorite bakeries, Milk. Turns out, my brother knew exactly where to find it!
Chad enjoying "The Brownie" which was way more than just a brownie!
Having heard about it for months, I just had to try the "Blue Velvet" cake.
It was supposed to have a blueberry flavor but I couldn't taste it. Tasted like regular "velvet" to me. :) Quite honestly, I've had better. Or maybe it just tastes better red.
So that was my wonderful evening in LA. Got to spend some quality time with the hubby and the brother. Yesterday was Veteran's Day and boy did I have a great day off! I'll post about it later. Homework calls!

2 comments:
blue... that's kinda weird... I don't think anything that blue would taste really good hahaha, it just looks soooo artificial!
loves
Blue velvet?! Looks cool, but all that food coloring??? yikes!! I think I like red velvet better too :)
Post a Comment