In addition to my tech problems, my convectional oven blew out yesterday as I tried to warm up a piece of pan de sal. I seriously think that it was trying to tell me something. "Alli, you eat too much bread." It's the truth.
On to the updates! I've got tons to share but will have to stagger it and post as I have time.
Last week, I went to the California Academy of Sciences with Marc. It was a random, spur-of-the-moment decision. We drove to SF with no plans and magically ended up at the beautiful Golden Gate Park. We parked the car, walked around and ended up in the museum. Just like that!
This makeshift rainforest mimics a real one-even the temperature is disgustingly humid!
Below the rainforest is an amazing aquarium. They have one of those 'tubes' where you can walk through while fish swim above you.
This little fella landed right in front of me as I saw down to admire the gardens in the rainforest as Marc went to view the snakes....on his own. I fear those slithery creatures!
I just love butterflies!
Vertical hanging wall inside the rainforest. Can someone please build me one right now?
This is the main reason we went-the Albino Alligator (aka: Marc's new best friend).
What does this remind you of? This is a living roof. I like how they made use of the space there!
Visiting the living roof! I'm not gonna lie, that thing is cool x 10! We should all plant stuff on our roof-tops!
Marc is a big fan of museums, zoos, and aquariums. I'm sure that once he finds all of the one's in our surrounding area, we'll be visiting each one. After visiting tons of aquariums, they start to look the same to me. LOL!









No comments:
Post a Comment