Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


This morning at church, all the mothers were requested to stand as children went around to pass out little gifts. I remained sitting as I am not a mother. A little boy approached me and handed me a gift which I returned as I told him I wasn't a mother. He looked at me in confusion and walked away muttering under his breath. Apparently, I look like a Mom! Marc and I had a good laugh!

Last weekend, I surprised my Mom for her birthday. She is a hard one to surprise so when I showed up at the door while talking to her on the phone, she was so confused. She literally stood in front of the door, phone in ear as she talked to me and told me that "someone was at the door." She was looking directly at me. It was hilarious! We celebrated her birthday as well as mother's day. My 2nd mother (Marc's Mom) came out to celebrate. Also, my 3rd and 4th Mom's (my dear aunt's) never fail to show up for such an occasion.
Mom blowing out her mis-matching candles.
Happy Mother's Day to the beautiful Mom's in my life.
{With my sweet aunts and loving mothers}
Saturday family gatherings always start with lunch which turns into coffee/tea break then eventually turns into dinner. It's an 8-hour ordeal of non-stop eating. I'm not even joking! The menu for the day is designed to cover all 3 bases!

I've been homesick in the past few weeks so the trip home was definitely needed an worth the long drive. At least I had Marc to keep me company and sing tunes with! :) When we got back to the apartment, we discovered a few bags in the trunk that I don't remember bringing. Turns out, both mom's managed to sneak in some home-cooked food and fruits for us. I couldn't help but smile. I love my Mothers and can't wait to see them again very soon!

Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful moms out there!!!



No comments: