Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fruits of labor

I am currently people-watching while legally stealing (read: mooching off) Internet from a coffee shop. In a way, I guess it's a good thing we didn't (and still don't) have Internet this week. I was able to finish a project that I had started last year. Took me long enough, I know! I'm surprised by how fast this Blurb order processed. I ordered it on Monday evening and it arrived on Friday. It's a photo-journal book of my trip with the girls to NYC last year. I try to make a book every year to chronicle my memories. I guess you can say that it's similar to a year-book. I also make one for each major trip that I go on. For this project, I did not use the Blurb templates as I usually do. Instead, I created each page in Photoshop, created PDF's then uploaded them onto the 'blank' pages on the Blurb tool called Booksmart. It was a tedious process and I abandoned the project for quite a while (6, 7, 8 months?) but it was all worth it in the end! Some of my bleeds are off but I know better now and can't wait to finally get working on my 2009 book as well as my Maui and Mexico books. Yay for productivity! Perhaps I can inject more creativity in the next ones. I wanted to keep this one simple and in travel-log style.
Back cover
One of the content pages.
Another content page.
Front cover
The new book joins the others!

No comments: