Note: Broken umbrella
Living in a coastal city, the effect of this crazy storm on our city has been wicked. Just the other day, several water spouts were spotted on the beach. Many of our roads are flooded and trees have toppled all over the place. There was even a tornado warning on Tuesday afternoon and we were required to stay indoors. Clearly, So-Cal is not prepared for this kind of weather. It reminds me a lot of a trip we took to Europe 3 years ago. As I look through pictures, I can't help but laugh because an umbrella can be spotted in almost all of them! In fact, we weren't prepared for the weather and had to buy several cheap 'tourist' umbrellas-two of them which broke instantly upon deployment due to heavy winds.Yesterday, I broke another umbrella so Marc had to get me a new one. I don't know why but he picked up a huge bright yellow and orange one. Oh and it has a graphic of a sun too. He will do anything to embarrass me in public. I supposed it goes well with my fire-engine red raincoat! Watch out for the walking sunbeam-that would be me! :)

1 comment:
That is beautiful!
Post a Comment