On Sunday, I got to join my cousin, Claudine, for a nice brunch at Elements in Pasadena prior to ransacking the ever-so-popular Rose Bowl Flea Market. We came home with an assortment of jewelry, crates and other great finds. It was a great workout, to say the least. Unlike the pros who brought wagons and carts, we decided to take to the flea unarmed. I'd consider it hard-core as we lugged all of our purchases with our own strength from the stadium all the way to the car! We joked about how we lost a ton of electrolytes and brain cells in the process as we were quite dumb-founded and sore when we got back to her parents' house. I couldn't even manage to get a bag of popcorn opened! I blame it on the sun too. Seriously though, after all the rain, it all of a sudden got mighty hot here in So-Cal! Nonetheless, it was a day well-spent!
Not your typical brunch food. However, this lobster-truffle mac 'n cheese was beyond amazing!
Pumpkin & mixed berry filled ebelskivers-not so tasty but the mac 'n cheese made up for it!
One of the many jewelry vendors at the flea.
The beginning of Claudine's flea-market finds. These gorgeous rings will be used for the bridesmaid's bouquets.
We all need a laugh sometime, don't we?
Nails for sale!
We took home a couple of these.
Do you fancy other people's junk? I do!
The letters were for sale and someone just happened to form these 2 words with them.

2 comments:
Ah, I love all your posts and want to comment how much I love each one, but this brunch with Ate seems so wonderful! I am so excited for all the awesome finds you guys dug up @ the flea market! :) Miss you much!
Love your blog!
Post a Comment