a)So-Cal has cheaper sales tax
b) we have a truck to haul stuff with!
I'm proud to say that we've secured a futon from Ikea. We've also invested in a folding table (to act as a dining table for the time being) Wal-Mart to accompany some Ikea folding chairs that were donated to us. We like to keep it real simple, especially right now when practicality matters more than aesthetics. We'll get to the 'fancy' stuff someday.
Not to forget, we are currently shacking up with my parents which inevitably involves endless chores and errands. What is with parents slacking off when their kids are home? Haha! I was hoping to utilize this week to catch up on some personal projects and visit friends. Unfortunately, both have been put on the back-burner as I've been consumed by the mis-fortune known as responsibility. I did get to have lunch with some old office mates yesterday which was a nice break in my day. I'm hoping to see everyone on Friday night for a little get together. Ah! I'm already starting to tear.
It is surely hitting me that we are moving. While I had my list of things to do in the OC, I definitely have my list for the IE as well. Sad to say, I don't think I'll get through this list. As 'crappy,' as people may think the IE is, it will always be my hometown!

No comments:
Post a Comment