Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

my dad & i-Christmas 2007

Today is my Dad's birthday and tonight, Marc and I will be going home to celebrate the occasion with the family. I have to say that my Dad is quite a character. He likes to embarrass us in public with his weird antics and outbursts. Just a few weeks ago during my brother's birthday lunch, he jokingly told my sister's new boyfriend that he would kill him if he hurt my sister. There's always some sort of awkward tension when my Dad is around simply because, we never know what kind of crazy, witty phrase he'll utter next. But looking back, we always get a kick out of it and up laughing on the floor!

Dad, there's never a dull moment when you're around. I know you like it when my friends ask if you're my brother. I have to say that you deserve it because you work hard to stay fit and you laugh away life's troubles to prevent wrinkles from forming on your face. Thanks for being who you are and for teaching us one of life's most valuable lessons:

"You need to give up something, to get something."

Happy birthday, Dad! I love you!

No comments: