Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday update



Do not be fooled by the Christmas trees. This picture was taken in the tropics, I promise!

I am definitely enjoying my two weeks off and have been doing anything and everything to make it all worthwhile. I spent the first five days in Mexico with Marc. We had such a wonderful time even with the on-and-off rain that decided to pour during our stay. The Riviera Maya is such a pristine place filled with so many natural wonders. I'm so grateful that we had a few days to indulge in such a wondrous landscape. We stayed at the luxurious, adult-only, all-inclusive Royal Resort in Playa del Carmen. The staff members were super sweet and so attentive to our needs. I can say that we truly did feel like "royalty" at this establishment and would highly recommend it. Here are a few pictures.

We were upgraded to the master suite for the first night since they didn't have a room ready for us when we arrived. Boy, did we feel spoiled!
It was amazing! Our junior suite looked exactly like this except without the living area, 2 balconies, foyer, bar and extra bathroom. Haha!
A fully stocked bar. If only I knew this would be there, I would've invited you all to party with us. :)
Bulgari bath products are the best!
The view from the master suite. Yes, that is the Caribbean Ocean. We had 2 balconies to enjoy this view from. So breathtaking!
Breakfast delivered to the suite. Oh the luxuries of vacationing!
Even though the rain was pouring, we were still so happy to be there!
From this terminal, you can take a ferry to the island of Cozumel.
Strolling through the streets of Avenida Quinta (5th Ave) where shops, restaurants, and bars lured in both weary travelers and curious tourists.
During one of the sunnier and warmer days. This is the view from our super comfy cabana.
Marc read while I played around with the camera. Typical us! [below]

No comments: