Saturday, July 18, 2009

Take me to the fair!


A new blog, a new beginning, and a lengthy blog name. I know it's somewhat of a tongue-twister but it perfectly describes a few of my top interests. I love to laugh, travel, and write. For my first entry, I will blog about my recent trip to the OC Super Fair.

This past Wednesday, I found out that Orange County Food Bank was collecting canned goods at the OC Super Fair in exchange for free admission. Immediately after work, I headed over there with my husband, Marc. Though the fairgrounds are only about 5 miles away from the house, it took us a good 30 minutes to get there through rush-hour traffic. I can't remember the last time I went to a fair but it was fun to walk around, people-watch, and sample some deep-fried food. Not being a fan of fried food, I was apprehensive to try most of the things but Marc did a good job of convincing me by saying "It's not for the taste, it's for the experience."

Australian Battered Potatoes-I caved into these because I wanted to hear the Aussie accent spoken by servers. I was not disappointed and even had a conversation with one of them. <3>Deep-friend zucchini. All this food starts to taste the same after awhile-all you taste is batter.
Deep-friend twinkie. Marc, not being a dessert person, came back to the table with an order of twinkies and oreos!
Deep fried-oreos. These tasted like donuts to me.

Didn't go for that one-sorry!


I wasn't lying when I said the fair has ddep-fried everything.






One of the strangest finds of the day. We actually couldn't find anyone eating them.






Overall, it was a fun evening and not to mention, the biggest money-trap ever! Make sure you bring lots of cash if you plan to go!


No comments: